Ohinemuri Regional History Journal 41, September 1997
An old building in Francis Street, Paeroa, was in a very dilapidated state until it was completely refurbished by the present owner, Trevor Christensen. This building has a long history having been built about 100 years ago and was originally two storeys.
In 1918 Le Manquais Lamb & Co. operated a woodworking and joinery shop, with steam-driven timber machinery and it was known as the "Sash and Door" factory. They shared the building with undertakers. Then it was bought by the totalisator agency board for printing race tickets. Watson Strong purchased it from them, moving his farm machinery franchise and repair shop into the building in the late 1970s.
In 1982, Tom Christensen bought the building and business from Mr Strong and carried on the farm machinery business for the next ten years. Now Mr Christensen's son Trevor, has bought the building. The building was then renovated and made suitable for business tenants.