Silverton Battery Site
The site on the Ohinemuri River generally known as the Silverton Battery hosted several gold saving batteries, belonging to separate companies, over a period of 32, or so, years (1882-1914). Several prominent companies and mining men were involved with this battery over these many years. It is Waihi's earliest remaining battery site.
A History of the
1882 – 1915
This document explores some of the history of this site. It was written for Waihi Walkways by E. Lens 2017.
Presented here is the bulk of the document, as text. The complete document, fully referenced, with images, maps and appendices, is available as a PDF (20mb) here.